Modern rootstocks offer a wide range of possibilities for cultivating various crops, including tomatoes, as effectively and efficiently as possible.
The reasons for using rootstocks include:
- Improved resistance to diseases.
- Better quality of fruit.
- Stress resistance to temperature differences and drought.
- Stronger and improved root structures.
- Stronger plants in the summer.
- Better cold tolerance.
- Improved resistance to and recovery from infections.
- Better establishment of the plant under difficult conditions.
- Vigorous growth for longer crop cycle.
- Wider possibilities to grow using higher EC water, which could be used to improve flavor.